WOODTECH Project – Promoting innovation to improve the competitiveness of SMEs in the timber industry in SUDOE region
WOODTECH is an innovation and technology transfer project that has the main objective of contributing to become the first and second wood transformation companies of SUDOE region more competitive in front of a global market; and to reinforce its developing capacity in new products with more added value and coming from woods from local forests with a sustainable managing system.
The main objectives of this project are:
- To develop 4 wood products from regional species that come from SUDOE region forests.
- To offer to SMEs these innovated products for commercial purposes.
- To promote and to spread these new products also to the industry and society. Transfer the generated knowledge and technology.
- Train and provide entrepreneurship tools to SMEs and foster job creation.
- Create a cooperation network between interested SMEs and project partners.
The partners of the project are 8 research institutions from 7 SUDOE regions located in 3 countries (Spain, Portugal and France):
Additional information about this project “Mejora de la competitividad de las empresas de la madera con el proyecto WOODTECH”
SUDOE Interreg IV B.
GV-IVACE. Instituto Valenciano de Competitividad Económica.Unión Europea.
Fondo Europeo de Desarrollo Regional.