Quality Procedures and Indicators in Vocational Education and Training – PT / 05 / B / P / PP – 159 139
The main objective of the PROQUALITY Project was the development of a Reference Set of Quality Procedures and Indicators suitable for application by all the organizations of education and training interested in implementing, developing and evaluating the tools for measuring their efficiency and effectiveness. The Exchange of good practices, models and quality indicators by all the organizations involved in the project has contributed towards the development of a Reference Set of Quality Indicators that all may use.
The Common Quality Assurance Framework document, developed by the Technical Working Group on Quality in VET, was of major importance for the theoretical approach. The document produced by the Working Group underlines the necessity for the definition of standardized indicators and procedures that permit activities undertaken by organizations involved in education and training to be monitored, meeting the needs defined in the Declaration of Copenhagen, drawn up by European ministers of vocational education and training as well as by the European Commission.
The PROQUALITY Project was developed with the support of the European Commission, under the Leonardo da Vinci Programme, which aims to implement a European Community vocational education and training policy, between 2005 and 2007, and included in the strategic priority “Development of quality in the systems and practice of vocational education and training”.
The Project was developed in partnership bringing together 8 education and training organizations from 5 different countries (Germany, Spain, Finland, Hungary and Portugal), and six transnational working meetings were held during the course of the Project.
The development of the PROQUALITY Project was divided into four main steps, in order to cover all the various activities that needed to be developed:
- Analysis of the experiences/skills of the partners as well as work methodology in partnership
- Diagnosis of quality procedures and indicators;
- Development of the product;
- Dissemination and final evaluation of the Project.
The product that arose from this Project was an answer to the very real needs of the organizations of education and training, certified or not by international standards, answering to the necessity of improving the results and motivation of pupils/trainees, as well as to the necessity of increasing the appropriacy of education and training to the market needs, with a consequent improvement in employability rates.
The results of the Project, specially the Quality Procedures and Indicators Table, although aimed for organizations of education and training, may also be used in other organizational contexts since the subject Quality is common all sectors and organizations, independently of their geographical location.
Education and Culture DG (DG-EAC) – European Comission
COORDINATOR: CFPIMM – Vocational Training Centre for Wood and Furniture Industries (PT)
- IFW – Institute of Knowledge Transfer at the University of Bremen (DE)
- AIDIMA – Instituto Tecnológico del Mueble, Madera, Embalaje y Afines (ES)
- ILMAJOEN KÄSI – Ilmajoki School of Crafts and Design (FI)
- PRMKK – Pécs Regional Labour Development and Training Centre (HU)
- AIMMP – Association of Portuguese Wood and Furniture Industries (PT)
- CEQUAL – Vocational Training Centre for Quality (PT)
- CICCOPN – Vocational Training Centre of Building Industries form the North of Portugal (PT)